Thursday, September 27, 2012

Be careful of what you say

This concept of blogging is very new to me so I am at a lost for new ideas.  What should someone blog about? Should I have a conversation with my classmates about the need for peace in the Middle East? Should I have a conversation about their relationship with God, or better yet the origin of Man?

There are some things people are willing to talk about, and then there is that level of privacy you do not want to invade. If I ask an older woman her age she is hesitant. If you talk to someone about race or religion they may look at you funny. Talking about the presidential nominees in any conversation can be taken the wrong way. Hell, if you talk frankly of the way you feel about the government you may be labeled a terrorist.

It is important to understand that when talking in public your conversations should not alienate other people. Words can be very hurtful so be mindful of your conversations. Words and Images is a world like no other. What you say or imply, may do not truly express the way you feel. So you have to think, pause and then articulate.

 Here are a few samples of things that I came across.


oxymoron cartoons, oxymoron cartoon, oxymoron picture, oxymoron pictures, oxymoron image, oxymoron images, oxymoron illustration, oxymoron illustrations
World War II poster
oxymoron cartoons, oxymoron cartoon, oxymoron picture, oxymoron pictures, oxymoron image, oxymoron images, oxymoron illustration, oxymoron illustrations GRP0094.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Robert. I get reminded every day at work that people misunderstand words and intentions. It can be very frustrating when I compose what I think is a comprehensible email and it gets taken the wrong way or contorted. I'm beginning to appreciate face-to-face conversations more, as the intention that is often missing in words comes across in expressions. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete